M.S. In Nursing - Family and Community Nurse Practitioner
This CCNE accredited graduate track leads to the Master of Science in Nursing degree or a Post-Master’s Certificate, reflecting Husson’s ongoing commitment to educate nurses for the challenges of the 21st century. Graduates are eligible to sit for the ANCC or AANP Family Nurse Practitioner Certification Exam.
The FCNP Track is delivered on-line with two on-campus clinical intensives. Courses utilize synchronous and asynchronous learning format.
Upon completion, graduates will be expected to:
- Provide primary health care to individuals of all ages and their families, within diverse practice settings.
- Utilize community assessment in evaluating patient needs and planning health care.
- Synthesize relevant theories and specialized knowledge into clinical practice.
- Analyze and apply research literature used for improving health outcomes of individuals and their families.
- Influence advanced practice by exhibiting competence in clinical practice, teaching, counseling, consultation, research, leadership and collaboration.
- Develop an integrated interprofessional approach in the delivery of comprehensive family health care.
- Contribute to the improvement of family health care by influencing health policy.
- Practice with personal integrity and a willingness to search for ethical truths in a constantly changing environment.
- Assume responsibility for continued professional growth and development.
|NU 700||Theories and Roles for Advanced Nursing Practice||3|
|NU 702||Advanced Pharmacotherapeutics||3|
|NU 704||Advanced Health Assessment||3|
|NU 706||Advanced Pathophysiology||3|
|NU 708||Socio-Cultural Perception of Addiction and Population Health||3|
|NU 710||Evidence Based Research||3|
|NU 740||Public Health Policy Issues and Challenges||3|
|NU 802||Family Health I -- Adult-Gero Health (168 Internship Hours)||6|
|NU 806||Family Health IV -- Integrating Primary Care (168 Internship Hours)||6|
|NU 807||Family Health II -- Pediatrics (45 Internship Hours)||3|
|NU 808||Family Health III -- Women’s Health (135 Internship Hours)||6|
|NU 821||Strategy & Analysis of Organizational Process||3|
|NU 840||Graduate Nursing Capstone||3|