M.S. in Criminal Justice Administration
The Master of Science in Criminal Justice Administration Program is a thirty-six credit graduate management curriculum designed to develop and strengthen skills in analysis, decision-making, and implementation. The program balances strengths in the traditional areas of law, budgeting, and policy-making, with careful attention to the development of skills in communication, interpersonal relations, psychology and leadership essential to effective performance in organizations. Students also have the opportunity to participate in experiential internships with organizations related to the Criminal Justice field that they choose.
Students who successfully complete the MSCJA degree will be able to:
1. Analyze how criminal justice policy is formulated at the federal, state and local level within a political, economic and social context.
2. Articulate the roles and functions of the various components of the criminal justice system.
3. Apply decision-making techniques, using quantitative and qualitative analysis, and theory to management issues.
4. Understand the cultural context in which the criminal justice system operates.
5. Demonstrate leadership skills through effective written and oral communication.
6. Use current technology to access information, analyze and interpret data, and generate reports.
7. Demonstrate effective team work with a diverse group.
The following classes must be completed for this degree program:
|Graduate Criminal Justice Courses|
|CJ 717||Graduate Capstone Course||3|
|Select five of the following:||15|
|Justice Administration and Information Systems|
|Labor and Employment Law|
|Leadership & Ethics|
|Public Policy and Planning|
|Advanced Criminological Theories|
|Criminal Justice Graduate Internship|
|White Collar Crime|
|Psychology and the Legal Environment|
|Required Graduate Business Courses|
|BA 600||Research Methods in Business and Education||3|
|BA 602||Managerial Accounting||3|
|BA 605||Management Communications||3|
|BA 641||Human Resource Management||3|
|Elective Graduate Business Courses|
|Select two of the following:||6|
|Leadership in Business and Professions|
|Strategic Change Management|
|The Legal Environment of Business|
|Current Issues in Business|
|Law & Ethics for Non-Profit Organizations|