Husson University’s Bachelor of Science in Sport Management, offered through the School of Hospitality, Sport, and Tourism Management in the College of Business, blends two distinct fields of study – sport and business administration – so as to prepare students for careers in this field. The sport management curriculum emphasizes experiential learning through the practical assignments integrated into the sport management courses and Husson students are required to complete at least six credit hours of internship experience with a sport organization. Students can pursue a B.S. Sport Management degree or combine the B.S. degree with an MBA to complete both degrees in five years. Further, students can choose the Athletic Administration concentration with the MBA or a minor in Coaching or Tourism and Recreation Management to apply to a Sport Management or other degree.
In achieving the learning outcomes for the B.S. Sport Management, students will:
- Integrate the core areas of business to inform decision making
- Apply legal and ethical principles in business to organizational decision making
- Apply business-related quantitative and qualitative methods and tools to formulate management decision alternatives
- Demonstrate leadership skills
- Demonstrate professional business communication
- Demonstrate the ability to work with diverse colleagues in team situations
- Demonstrate general and functional knowledge of Sport Management principles including: Behavioral Dimensions in Sport; Management and Organizational Skills in Sport; Governance and Legal Aspects in Sport; and Sustainability.