B.S. Liberal Studies (Individualized Program of Study)
It is expected that all approved IPS programs leading to the degree of Bachelor of Science in Liberal Studies will incorporate the following features, in addition to our general education requirements, including:
A written statement by the student explaining their reasons for pursuing the degree, their choice of concentrations, and their vocational goals.
B. Science and Humanities Distribution Courses
- Social Sciences--At least two additional courses
- Humanities (Communications, English, Fine Arts, Humanities, Foreign Language, or Philosophy)--At least four additional courses (one may be a sixth English [EH] class)
- Science/Mathematics (Accounting, Computer Science, Math, or Science)--At least two additional courses
- Two Concentrations or Minors of at least six courses or eighteen (18) hours each. Two courses in each concentration must be at the 300-level or above. A 2.5 GPA or better is required in each of the concentrations.
- Approval of each concentration by a faculty member with relevant expertise in the area of study.
Completion of a Senior Capstone Experience (Thesis, Project, Internship, or Portfolio) appropriate to the concentrations and/or student's goals after graduation. This will be evaluated and approved by the advisor and the two area faculty.
All students must complete at least 120 total credit hours for graduation. A student may complete his or her minimal distribution requirements by courses used in the concentration or minor. Normally, a general education course will not count toward the concentration requirements unless it is specifically named by Husson University as a required course in an 18-credit minor. However, this does not reduce the total 120-credit degree requirement.
|General Education Courses|
|EH 123||Rhetoric and Composition I||3|
|EH 124||Rhetoric and Composition II||3|
|HE 111||The Husson Experience ***||1|
|Fine Arts Elective||3|
|Foreign Culture and Conversation Elective||3-4|
|Lab Science Elective||3-4|
|Math I Elective||3-4|
|Math II Elective||3-4|
|Perspectives Elective I||3|
|Perspective Elective II||3|
|Writing Intensive Course||3|
|Additional General Education Requirements:|
|Additional Distribution Requirements|
|Humanities (CM, EH, FA, HU, LC, PH)||12|
|Social Sciences courses (EC, HS, HY, PY, SY)||6|
|Science/Mathematics courses (MI, MS, SC)||6|
|Areas of Concentration|
|HU 411||Senior Capstone Experience||3|
Credit may not be required for degree completion.