This program provides a very strong core of hospitality and tourism courses and a varied general education background leading to a strategically balanced with the area of global business. Hospitality and Tourism Management students are required to maintain a 2.0 overall cumulative grade point average and a 2.0 overall grade point average in their major courses.
In the Hospitality and Tourism program, 84 credits out of your 122 total credits are business and hospitality management courses. The global business concentration includes four(4) specific courses that relate to global markets and international business.
The program learning outcomes of the B.S. Hospitality & Tourism Management are:
- Students will integrate the core areas of business to inform decision making.
- Students will apply legal and ethical principles in business to organizational decision making.
- Students will apply business-related quantitative and qualitative methods and tools to formulate management decision alternatives.
- Students will demonstrate leadership skills.
- Students will demonstrate professional business communication.
- Students will demonstrate the ability to work with diverse colleagues in team situations.
- Students will demonstrate general and functional knowledge of Hospitality and Tourism Management principles (including those related to the Food and Beverage Industry; the Lodging Industry; Travel and Tourism; and Sustainability).
|CONCENTRATION IN GLOBAL BUSINESS
|E-Business and E-Commerce for Managers